Adelaide Air Conditioners
Adelaide air conditioners.With summer temperatures that can easily soar to 35 C or higher, Adelaide is well-known for its heat. An air conditioner is an excellent investment in your comfort, but how can you know which one to buy? The wide range of brands and styles can be confusing, and the investment is too high to simply cross your fingers and hope for the best. At Jim’s Heating and Cooling, we pride ourselves in carrying only the best air conditioners, providing lengthy and inclusive warranties, and helping our customers select just the right model for their needs. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you might have. Here is an overview of the air conditioners we have on offer.
Types of Adelaide Air Conditioners
- Room Air Conditioner: As the name suggests, a room air conditioner is a good choice for cooling a single room. All of the needed components are packed into a single, relatively inexpensive box. A window unit sits inside a window, while a portable air conditioner sits on the floor, but both work by blowing cool air into the room and hot air outside. If you need to cheaply cool a single room, this might be the best option.
- Split System: A split system is divided into two sections. The thermostat and cooling elements are mounted on the wall inside, while the heat exchange and compressor components sit outdoors in a weather resistant box. Split systems are more powerful than room air conditioners, make less noise, and offer more precise temperature control. Some even offer a reverse cycle option, combining air conditioners and heating in a single system.
- Multi Split: A multi split system is a great option for those who need to cool a few rooms on a budget. In a multi split, the indoor components for several rooms are connected to the same outdoor elements. This is more economical than purchasing individual split systems, while providing the same benefits.
- Evaporative Cooling: Known as a swamp cooler in the American Southwest, an evaporative cooler works on the same scientific principles that make us sweat. Warm air is drawn in through the roof and passed through a series of water-soaked pads before being blown out into the room. The water cools the air significantly, and strategically opened doors and windows provide ongoing fresh air exchange. Evaporative cooling is eco-friendly and inexpensive, but does not provide precise temperature control.
- Ducted Reverse Cycle System: Often considered the gold standard for Adelaide air conditioners, a ducted reverse cycle system has all the bells and whistles, such as touch button settings and exact temperature maintenance. Zone control and a programmable thermostat allow you to set different parts of your home to different temperatures at different times of day. You can switch between heating and cooling with ease, and cooled or heated air is forced throughout your home through a series of ducts. It is the priciest option, but the one that many people consider the most comfortable.
Air Conditioner Brands
Many people are unaware or unconcerned about the brand of air conditioner they select, but choosing a premium brand can mean longer life, fewer breakdowns, and less hassles. While there are numerous good brands on the market, those listed below are among our favourites.
- Carrier: Founded in 1902 by Willis Carrier, now known as “The Father of Adelaide air conditioners,” Carrier continues its long history of innovation. Offering split systems, multi splits, and ducted air conditioners at a variety of price points, Carrier Air Conditioning combines precise controls with the latest eco-friendly technologies.
- Toshiba: Although Toshiba air conditioners was founded just over 40 years ago, the company lives up to its slogan, “Power to the people,” with air conditioners that blend high power with high efficiency. Next-generation inverters with non-ozone depleting refrigerants, high tech filter systems for improved air flow, and twin control modules are just a few of the company’s offerings. Like Carrier, Toshiba sells a range of split systems, multi splits, and ducted air conditioners.
- Mitsubishi Electric: Mitsubishi Electric has been widely known for its dramatic technological innovations since 1967, providing everything from railroad traction systems to 4K ultra-high definition giant screens. In Adelaide air conditioners, Mitsubishi Electric is also at the top of its game. The company’s split systems and multi splits are packed with features normally available only in pricier ducted air conditioners, while their ducted reverse cycle systems are known for solving the common problems of uneven heating and cooling in a stunning range of outdoor temperatures, from -20 C to 46 C.
There is a lot to consider when shopping for a new Adelaide air conditioners, but we are here to help. Your local Jim will help you select just the right type and brand of air conditioning system to meet your individual needs. We will even help you properly size your air conditioner for maximum efficiency, and walk you through the process of getting the most out of your new system. Jim’s Heating & Cooling is a trusted provider of air conditioning and heating in the greater Adelaide region. We offer a wide range of heating and cooling solutions, along with special discounts and financing offers. Call locally on 1300 525 723 now or request a quote to get started!